As modern healthcare continues to transform, consumers are seeing more of a shift toward patient-centered care. A popular term many are using is “integrative medicine.” Actual definitions of this form of medicine vary, but all include the fact that integrative medicine combines, or ‘integrates,’ components of conventional medicine with newer, more innovative methodologies that have not traditionally been part of conventional medicine.
in2GREAT Functional Medicine and Integrative Health is your integrative medicine practitioner in Kansas City, Kansas, and surrounding communities. Our physicians seek to treat the whole person in order to facilitate long-term health and wellness, and not just throw drugs or other therapies at your symptoms.
Basic Principles of Integrative Medicine
Integrative medicine clinics and practitioners may vary somewhat in their approach to treating patients, but as your integrative medicine practitioner in Kansas City, in2GREAT follows these basic principles that are fundamental to integrated medicine:
- Integrative medicine doctors partner with patients to achieve healing and wellness.
- Integrative medicine doctors consider all factors that influence health, wellness, and disease, as these are often correlated.
- Integrative medicine doctors use both conventional and alternative methods to facilitate the body’s natural healing responses.
- Integrative medicine doctors prefer to use natural and less invasive interventions whenever possible.
- Integrative medicine doctors continue to ask “Why?” in order to develop working methodologies that both cause healing and prevent illness.
Your Integrative Medicine Practitioner in Kansas City
At in2GREAT Functional Medicine and Integrative Health, we seek to first determine the “why” of your health issue, in order to discern a clear path to what is necessary to provide assistance with healing and prevention. We have been solving health issues for almost 20 years using this root-cause medicine model.
Partnering with in2GREAT Integrative health will give you more insight and understanding into your current health situation, and how you got to where you are than you have likely ever experienced. If you are ready to investigate the difference integrative medicine can make, call in2GREAT, your integrative medicine practitioner in Kansas City, or send us a message online today to begin your journey to advanced healing and wellness.